We are looking for volunteers to help us make the 2020 Virtual Giant Jamboree a great event!
The iGEM 2020 Virtual Giant Jamboree will be from Saturday November 14 to Sunday November 22 - held online, and we're looking for volunteers to help with the event! This year we are trying something new and we need the help of our community!
Help us ensure that every iGEM participant has an amazing experience and experience the behind-the-scenes of the Jamboree Production!
October 25, 11:59 AM EDT
Notifications will be sent by:
We're asking that volunteers commit to at least 2 days of the Jamboree. Please keep in mind that your first priority as volunteer is to be at your designated "online area" and that this may mean that you will miss out on some sessions, but with a virtual event comes an opportunity to also rewatch any missed sessions as videos will be available on-demand right away. We will also do our best to make sure you have free time depending on the number of volunteers.
Please note: This opportunity is open to iGEM alumni and other non-team members only. This opportunity is not available to current team members.
- Assisting attendees
- Staffing judging session rooms, special event areas, information booth
- Sending welcome messages and generating engagement on the session chats
- Generating updates for social media outlets
- Reporting back if any technical or other issues arise
- Supporting speakers and session hosts if any technical issues arise
- Other tasks as necessary
- 6 hours per day for 2 days
- Does not need to be consecutive days
- + 1 hour of attending or watching training webinar to use event platforms
- Volunteering Certificates
- Free entry to all sessions
- iGEM T-shirt Voucher
If you have any trouble with the application, please let us know via email at hq AT igem DOT org.