Introducing our new Video Platform
BETA VERSION: The first release of the platform is in Beta Version, and we are working on testing it out and preparing for your uploads. If you encounter any technical issues or have any suggestions, don't hesitate to email the VRT committee: video [AT] igem [DOT] org
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE VERSION OF YOUR TEAM PRESENTATION VIDEO?
1. Reminder: Make sure your video follows all requirements
- Length: Not longer than 20:00 minutes
- Resolution: 1920x1080p
- Captions: As a .vtt file (do not incorporate them into the video)
- Copyright: No copyrighted material is allowed. Any royalty-free attribution should be listed in the final screen of your video.
- See the full list of requirements on the deliverables page:
2. Login or Signup on iGEM Video Universe
You can create multiple accounts for your team members, and you can upload your video from any of them as long as the title follows the naming template described below in Step 5.
Important: Your username must not contain the word "iGEM"
3. Go to Upload
You can choose to ''Upload a file'' or ''Import via URL''. Either option works and the platform will receive the original file.
4. Reminder: Multilingual audio
The team presentation video is required to be in English.
We also encourage creating another version in your own language/s.
5. Fill out all the details
- Title: Use the title generator below. Select your team name, write the project title and select the language of your video audio/narration.
- Language: The language of your video audio/narration
- Publish after transcoding: Yes
- Advanced Settings: Feel free to add your own thumbnail (Video Preview).
- All other fields: Will be automatically generated
Go to the ''Captions tab''. Your presentation video must also have an English caption. Additionally, we encourage you to translate it in your own language/s.
- You should upload the captions as a separate file: they are not part of the video itself;
- The only supported file extension is .vtt;
- Each language should be an individual caption file. Please don't submit multiple languages in the same file.
- You can validate your captions using our new interface.
7. Change Ownership: IMPORTANT!
Go to your videos tab, and: #1 select Change Ownership of your Team Presentation video; #2 type in the next owner: igem2020_teams; then #3 press Submit.
This is only to have all the videos appearing on one channel, and avoid future changes. We will make all videos public a few days after the submission deadline.
You will still be able to see/edit your submission after this step and before the deadline. So you are safe to do it as soon as you have a video.
8. Keep an eye on the tracker
Once you have done the previous step, your video will appear within one minute in the submission tracker here below, please make sure all the validations are successfull.
Reviewers might report your video if they find a problem, so keep checking the status of your submission regularly.
9. Automatic block
All videos are automatically blocked until the moderators review them. Any problem with your submission will appear in the submission tracker here below, along with how to solve the issue.
Congratulations! Your video is uploaded and will be available for sharing, commenting, and liking soon.
.VTT CAPTIONS VALIDATOR
Please validate your caption files
The platform only supports .vtt caption files. Please check this guide to learn about the file format. Do not integrate the subtitles directly in the editing of the video, it must be a separated file.