Pages for Evaluating Criteria for Medals and Awards
The medal criteria have changed in 2020. Please read through them carefully as there are significant differences this year. For full details on the 2020 Medal Criteria, please read this page.
To make it easier for judges to find relevant documentation, we have created pages in your wiki template for specific awards and medal criteria with static (unchangeable) links. If your team wants to be evaluated for an award/medal, you will need to document your achievements related to this award/medal on these pages.
For example, if you wish to compete for the entrepreneurship award, you must document your work on https://2020.igem.org/Team:[NAME]/Entrepreneurship. Below you will find a list of all of the pages for specific awards and medal criteria in your wiki template.
The judges will be directed to these pages from static links within the judging form. If your documentation for an award is not on the page encoded by the static link, your team may not be judged for that prize.
What does this mean? Regardless of how you style your wiki, you will need to preserve the designated URLs in order to be evaluated for the awards listed below. Beware! Web design packages that create their own dynamic links will not work!
So where are the links? Your team wiki will include all of the necessary pages by default. You can refer to the list of pages below, as well. Be sure to use your official team name space. For example: https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2.
When striving for an award, note that it is not sufficient to simply fulfill the award criteria. You will need to convince the judges that you have satisfactorily fulfilled the criteria. If the judges are not convinced after reading your documentation (on your wiki and on the Registry) and seeing your presentation and poster, you may not be awarded the prize.
Evaluated Pages for Medal Criteria
For full details on the 2020 Medal Criteria, please read this page.
Below are links to the team "Example2" evaluated pages for medal criteria. For your own pages, please replace "Example2" with your team name to find the page on your wiki, or navigate to that page using the menu in your team namespace.
All criteria must be met:
- Bronze #1 (Deliverables): No standard wiki page required.
- Bronze #2 (Attributions): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Attributions
- Bronze #3 (Project Description): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Description
- Bronze #4 (Contribution): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Contribution
- When working with Parts: A Part number is required when filling out the judging form. Data must be on the Part's Main Page on the Registry. No standard wiki page required.
All criteria must be met:
- Silver #1 (Engineering Success): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Engineering
- When working with Parts: Part number in your part number range is required when filling out the judging form. Data must be on the Part's Main Page on the Registry. No standard wiki page required.
- Silver #2 (Collaboration): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Collaborations
- Silver #3 (Human Practices): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Human_Practices
- Silver #4 (Proposed Implementation): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Implementation
At least two (2) criteria must be met:
- Gold #1 (Integrated Human Practices): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Human_Practices
- Gold #2 (Improvement of an Existing Part):
- Both the new and original main part pages must reference each other. Data must be on the Part's Main Page for each part on the Registry. No standard wiki page required.
- Gold #3 (Project Modeling): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Model
- Gold #4 (Proof of Concept): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Proof_Of_Concept
- Gold #5 (Partnership): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Partnership
- Gold #6 (Science Communication): https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Education
- Gold #7 (Excellence in Another Area): Team to enter a URL in their Judging Form.
Evaluated Pages for Special Prizes
Below are links to the team "Example2" evaluated pages for awards. For your team to be eligible for these awards, you must edit the corresponding page and show what you have achieved.
|Award:||Link to page be edited:|
|Best Integrated Human Practices:||https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Human_Practices|
|Best Plant Synthetic Biology:||https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Plant|
|Best Software Tool:||https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Software|
|Best Supporting Entrepreneurship:||https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Entrepreneurship|
|Best Sustainable Development Impact:||https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2/Sustainable|
Awards with no required standard page:
- Best Basic Part
- Best Composite Part
- Best Part Collection
- Best Poster
- Best Presentation
- Best Wiki
- Track Awards (based on total body of work, not any specific page)
Team wiki pages not tied to awards
The lists above show the wiki pages that will be evaluated by judges for specific awards and the four awards that are not tied to a specific page on your wiki. There are also a number of other pages that you are encouraged to make that the judges will look at, but not evaluate for specific awards.
While these pages are not specifically linked to prizes and awards evaluated by judges, they may be looked at by the judges, other committees, or members of the iGEM community. For example, safety is not evaluated by the judges, but is assessed by the iGEM Safety Committee.
|Page name||Page URL|
|Team home page||https://2020.igem.org/Team:Example2|
Instructions for Evaluated Pages
The pages that are used to evaluate for medal criteria and awards are picked up by the system. In order to be considered you will need to delete the alert box from the top of the page.
Be sure to NOT comment out the alert box, the code will pick up the class name " judges-will-not-evaluate" and will think you do not want this page to be reviewed.
Delete the following code:
<div class="column full_size judges-will-not-evaluate">
<h3>★ ALERT! </h3>
<p>This page is used by the judges to evaluate your team for the <a href="https://2020.igem.org/Judging/Medals">medal criterion</a> or <a href="https://2020.igem.org/Judging/Awards"> award listed above</a>. </p> <p> Delete this box in order to be evaluated for this medal criterion and/or award. See more information at <a href="https://2020.igem.org/Judging/Pages_for_Awards"> Instructions for Pages for awards</a>.</p>